Who's zooming who?

Who's zooming who?
And I've got to pee

Friday, February 27, 2015

In the Beginning There Was a Dream

The thing about dreams are you can have as many as you like but without action they are just dreams. I tried to ignore that for years. I honestly thought things would just naturally come to me. I can not wiggle my nose and nothing happens when I bow my head. I just assumed I was cute enough and had enough potential.
I'm sure all of us have had them growing up. As we got older they solidified and or changed.  What makes some so positive throughout their lives that they actually grow into that dream they create? Others never come near what they thought they wanted at one time.
I wanted to be an actress, singer, writer, and god knows what else. I liked the attention that came with performing. I was horrible at remembering my lines and got stage fright as I got older, same with singing. I wasn't a big reader so I don't know why I thought I could write.
Poetry did satisfy that dream until I quit writing about 10 years ago. I still have a review from a poetry group I was in years ago comparing my poems to Melissa Etheridge's work. But still no one has seen them. And who knows it probably was a stretch.
Some dreams drift to the ether and others just get buried. Most of my dreams have revolved around the arts. Yet I was never that good at anything I tried. As we grow up we have to face up to the reality some dreams must be passed. My most recent dreams, still artistic are hanging by a thread. I am always too tired, too busy, or feel like whats the point. I keep trying. Half ass attempts and all.
I know as we get older some dreams are handed off for more realistic adult things. But in my experience without dreams we have no hope. Without hope what reason do we have to go on? Does growing up mean giving all your dreams no matter how small? No.
One of my recreations.

No comments:

Post a Comment