Who's zooming who?

Who's zooming who?
And I've got to pee

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Poetry Time Part 2

Due to illness this week i am going to WOW you with more poetry.




I remember shady trees
with stretched out branches
reaching over the river
as we splashed

I remember leeches
between my toes
the pain different
than any other

I remember my ball
floating away
dad and rick trying to get it
how did i not go with it

I remember watermelon
it tasted good then
as it dripped on my toes

I remember bare feet in the dirt
how i hated it
the gritty feel
before it became mud

I remember we never
did anything like that
when i got older
I remember being four





Saturday night on the way home from grandpa and grandma's
We would stop at the store
While mom went in to get groceries
We sat and listened to the radio
In our old Rambler
Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard
or a Solid Gold Saturday night
Under the ceiling light, heavy breathing
Burning Ring of Fire always echos
When writing on fogged glass



both written in college in my 20s

No comments:

Post a Comment