Who's zooming who?

Who's zooming who?
And I've got to pee

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day Trip to the Oregon Coast


Heading down highway 126

One of my favorite trips is to the Oregon Coast. I used to do a lot of different things to keep me occupied during the drive there. Recently though, I have been enjoying the view. Here's my shutter bugging through my dirty car window. 



 
Lots and lots of trees




Between Mapleton and Florence.





<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=1FxWRfL" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>


It's approximately 60 miles between Eugene and Florence on the beautiful Oregon Coast. It has been my sanctuary since I was 19. Some dear friends lived there at the time that let me stay with them. It was my first vacation as an adult. My first time to myself on the 1st anniversary of my brothers death. It now is the place I find myself the most relaxed.


 Florence is basically in the middle of the Oregon Coast. Population approximately 8500. Full of unique shops and seafood restaurants for the tourists. I prefer a little BBQ, Craig's BBQ. My favorite places to shop is the Goodwill and the bead stores. There are quite a few between Florence and Newport.
Onto Heceta Head
Sceenery is always changing




Welcome to Haceta Head






I love this beach! Its February and its in the 60s and yes the water is cold but refreshing. Every time i come the beach is a little different. The fresh air cleans my lungs and my mind.




No matter how cold i love the water covering my toes.

I love this bridge. Under the bridge is the outlet of the Siuslaw River into the Ocean.






One last thing. Check out the roots of this tree. Just hanging there! Hope you enjoyed our little trip to the coast! Those not from the area please leave a comment and let me know where you are from and what you think.


 The ride home is usually dark. But the sky is quite nice when it isn't raining...



Thanx for Looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment