Who's zooming who?

Who's zooming who?
And I've got to pee

Monday, March 23, 2015

Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll Part 1

He was so pretty. I thought he was Italian. He drew pretty pictures, penned pretty words, and was in a band. 20 years old, I thought I hit the jackpot.
First sign the relationship is doomed... When he says 'If you don't have sex with me right now, I'm breaking up with you.' We were going to meet my friends at the Cheesecake Factory. After some crying and begging we continued our futile relationship.
Second sign...You are paying for everything. He invited you out and he knows a guy that (used to) works in the kitchen. Most everyone else has no use for him.
Third sign...He gets jealous when he finds out the guy that raped you dropped by. I'm upset and shaking. You are asking me if we had sex? Being young, I excuse this bizarre behavior. Jealousy is kind of a turn on, right?
He is hot, fun, and we are young. And now we are pregnant! It all goes down hill from there. The more pregnant I was, the uglier he got.
He tried at times. 3 hours late because he decided to shop lift dinner. Then there were the nights he stopped at a bar and while nobody was looking he would try to down as much stuff before the bartender came back and I wouldn't hear from him for a day or two. Or the nights he was working late and he went home with one of his female coworkers.
I took to eating a half gallon of ice cream most days. It is easier to stuff those feelings of doom with a spoon. The spoon blocks some of the sharp words he stabs you with from his self loathing. But it doesn't save you from the multiple pounds you put on in hopes of toughening that skin that was once so thin.
I would like to say I learned something. That I left him the day I locked myself out of the house. I waddled my way to his job to get the house key. I was almost 9 months along. I walked into his new job and was verbally assaulted by some irate woman who owned the restaurant. In front of the lunch hour crowd, I was mortified. He had walked out a couple days before trashing the place in the process.
I left there and went to the next logical place. Hanging with his junkie best friend. I walk into the laundry mat request the key. Turn around and walk back out the door.
Our crappy apartment 5 days after having 1st child.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment